5/12/09

Dance Fever

Amy Ridgeway "Let's Hear It For the Boy"

This is a picture of my son in one of his group competition dances from this past weekend. I used a fairly fast shutter speed to freeze the action, so I kept the shutter speed at 1/200. The one thing that I definitely would do differently is to use a lower ISO. At ISO 1250, I got alot of noise. The bottom picture below turned out better--I was impressed by the noticeable difference between ISO 1000 and 1250. The fact that teh aperture for this was f/5.0 (whereas my lens could open up to f/3.5) told me that I could have used a lower ISO and not had to sacrifice shutter speed since I was not concerned much with depth of field.

Settings: 1/200, f/5.0, ISO 1250, 70mm, Canon 40D, Great Wolf Lodge


Amy Ridgeway "Dirty Boogie"

This is another picture of my son in one of his group competition dances. I took many pictures of each dance, hoping to catch a good shot. I knew that I needed a fairly fast shutter speed to freeze the action, so I tried to keep all my pictures around 1/200 or faster, which meant I had to jack up the ISO since flashes were not allowed. I would have tried to move in closer so I could have cropped it in the camera instead of in the software.
Settings: 1/250, f/4.5, ISO 1000, 60mm, Canon 40D, Great Wolf Lodge



No comments:

Post a Comment