5/4/09

Ann Essko - Doh! (Homer Simpson Head Slap)

I don't have any pictures from our field trip to the Capitol because I forgot to take the polarizing lens off my camera and the result was pitiful. Instead, I offer these three photos. The vests are from the Dragon Boat Races (1/15 sec, f/22, ISO 200, WB daylight). The Elderberry is from Nisqually last week (1/8 sec, f/32, ISO 200, WB ?, with the water photoshopped to look blue, like an Asian tapestery, even tho' I usually turn up my nose at such antics). The Wild Ginger is from yesterday afternoon at Watershed Park (1/30 sec, f/11, ISO 200, WB cloudy)

3 comments:

  1. Photoshopped or not it is a beautiful picture. And, I can sense the cool dampness of the moss yet the warmth of the sun in the WP photo. Nice job. What made the Capitol photos pitiful? Too dark? Curious as to whether you were checking the histogram...if not, would it have made a difference in how the photos were shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, bummer! See my note to Shannon (piper pic) about our son's 1st Xmas . . .

    However, these are wonderful. I really like how you filled the frame completely w/ the life vests so it takes a minute to figure out what they are -- a little puzzle for my mind. The 3rd pic is my favorite, though. It is so inviting I can almost smell the moss and ginger. The lighting is exquisite.
    ~Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are each so different and each one is enjoyable. The colorful vests are a unique perspective on the Dragon Boat races. The elderberry one is both sprightly and restful. I love the composition of the lacy foliage, still water, and random leaves. Again, I agree with Meagan! The shot of the wild ginger is "the one". The light and shadow interplay in the foreground are magical. Even better is the mysterious way the light disappears in the background and the shadows take over, yet you can still see individual leaves.

    ReplyDelete